Below we have summarised the important things you should know, depending on your relationship with Comporta Prime Rentals:
1. As a private user or advertiser who uses our website
2. As a professional advertiser or a representative of the same that uses our website
DETAILED INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
1. Entity responsible for the processing: Who is responsible for processing your data?
Comporta Prime Rentals is the entity responsible for processing the personal data you send through this web page and its subdomains (“website”).
In the following clauses, we provide information about how we use the personal data you provide on the different forms on our website as well as the rights pertaining to you both as a user of the website (“User”) and in your status either as a customer if you advertise a property as a private advertiser (“Owner”) or as the representative of a professional advertiser (“Property Manager”), as governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
If you have any doubts concerning the processing of your personal data, please contact us through our contact forms.
2. Purposes of the processing: What can we do with your data?
a) We manage your personal data in order to provide you with the service of managing your record as a user and interaction with the advertisers, as you have requested of us through the website.
b) If you send us an enquiry or complaint/claim, we will process your data to manage these.
c) Whether you are a User, an Owner or the representative or contact person for a Property Manager, we may send you commercial communications to:
– Invite you to events and notify you of news concerning Comporta Prime Rentals or companies in the group Portugal Prime Rentals.
– Communicate news and special offers from the aforementioned companies in the Portugal Prime Rentals group or from companies in sectors associated with holiday rentals (insurance companies, smart meters, care hire).
– Request you take part in surveys or appraisals of stays in Properties published on our website, with which you have previously contacted or confirmed a booking.
d) If you are the representative or contact person for a Property Manager, we manage your personal data to maintain contact with the entities you represent.
e) If you are an Owner or the representative or contact person for a Property Manager, we will process your data to manage any claims for sums you may owe us for our services.
3. Legal bases / legitimisation: Why are we able to process your data?
The legal bases enabling us to process your data for each of the purposes indicated in section 2 above are:
a) Contractual relationship: This is what is applied when you request a service from us, even though this may be free of charge.
b) Legitimate interest: In order to attend the enquiries and complaints/claims you submit to us and to manage the collection of debts owed. If you are the representative or contact person for a Property Manager, we have a legitimate interest in remaining in contact with the entity you represent and to which we supply our services.
c) Your consent: By checking the register box appearing on the contact forms, you have authorised us to send you communications of the type listed in section 2 c) above.
4. Recipients: Who can we send your data to?
We can send your data to third parties in the following cases:
– To the advertisers you contact to manage your request.
– To Courts or Tribunals or Public Administrations to comply with any legal requirement.
The persons responsible for processing in Comporta Prime Rentals will also have access to your data, i.e. service providers that, in order to carry out their functions, require access to your data, including those supplying us with technology services, sending and receiving documentation, call centre services, publicity campaign services, online booking engine or storage services.
You can request further information about the recipients of your data by contacting us through our contact forms.
5. Transferring data: Where can we send your data?
No personal data shall be transferred abroad.
6. Data conservation period: How long are we going to keep your data for processing?
The period will depend on each of the processes to which we subject your data:
– During the contractual relationship; i.e., whilst you continue to use our services or whilst we or the provider is managing what you have requested from us. (Section 2 a) above is applied. Until the enquiry or complaint/claim submitted has been resolved. (section 2 b) above).
– Until you revoke your consent to receive commercial communications or for a period of 5 years since your last interaction with us (whichever happens first) (section 2 c) above).
– If you are the representative or contact person for a Property Manager, during the contractual relationship with the entity you represent or until you notify us you have ceased to be the contact person (section 2 d) above).
– Until you request their deletion (applicable to all the purposes described in section 2).
You are likewise informed that your data will remain blocked during the mandatory prescription periods for each processing purpose indicated in section 2.
7. Necessary and up-to-date information
The forms contain fields that it is compulsory to fill out, without which we cannot provide you with our services. By clicking on the “Submit” button (or equivalent) included on the aforementioned forms, you declare that the information and the data submitted is accurate and the truth.
In order that the information provided is always up to date and contains no mistakes, remember to notify us as soon as possible of any modifications and rectifications to your personal data that may occur, via the contact form or e-mails provided.
8. Interested parties’ rights
You are informed that you may exercise the following rights:
(i) The right to access your personal data to know what data is being processed and the processing being performed on it.
(ii) The right to rectify any inaccurate personal detail.
(iii) The right to delete your personal data, when this is possible (e.g., except by law).
(iv) The right to request the limitation of processing of your personal data when the accuracy, legality or the need for processing the data is doubtful, in which case, we may conserve it for exercising or defense from claims.
(v) The right to oppose the processing of your personal data, when the legal basis enabling us to process those indicated is legitimate interest. Comporta Prime Rentals will cease to process your data unless it has a legitimate interest or it is necessary for defense from claims.
(vi) The right to the portability of your data, when the legal basis enabling us to process them is the existence of a contractual relationship or your consent.
(vii) The right to revoke your consent given to Comporta Prime Rentals.
You may exercise your rights at any time and free of charge by addressing us an e-mail, indicating the right you wish to exercise and your identification details.
Alternatively, you are informed that you are entitled to present a claim before the National Commission for the Protection of Data in Portugal if you consider data protection legislation has been infringed in the processing of your personal data.
9. Confidentiality and security
At Comporta Prime Rentals, we employ every reasonable effort to uphold the confidentiality of the personal information processed through the website. We maintain strict security levels to protect the personal data we process against accidental loss and against unauthorized access, processing or disclosure, bearing in mind the state of technology, the nature and the risks to which the data is exposed. However, we shall not be held liable for the use you make of the data (including username and password) you use on Comporta Prime Rentals, outside our website.